My Journey to Becoming a Proverbs 31 Woman


It's been exactly one year since I decided to live my life for the Lord. It was a cold rainy New Year's Eve. I was standing soaking wet in front of a man I loved as he was breaking my heart into a thousand pieces. It was a scene straight out of the notebook. As he continued to speak, each word was like a dagger stabbing me in the heart. As I drove away, tears flooded my eyes and poured down my face, I don't even know how I made it home. I couldn't believe what was happening. I had plans that night to hit the town with my friends and as soon as I looked at myself in the mirror to get ready I broke down in tears. I couldn't go out, I didn't want to go out, for what? For it to hit Midnight and I'm alone? I was so heartbroken. How could I be so stupid? How could I be so blind? For the first time in a long time, I fell to my knees in tears and cried out to God. How could I be so dumb and naive, why am I living this way. God spoke to me in that moment. He told me to fall in love with him, let him heal all my brokenness and let him show me what true love is. At that moment I decided that the next year I would live for God. I would fall in love with him again, surrender my life to him and let him lead me into the life he has for me. Little did I know all the struggles I would face the following year. 

From hindering my own walk by giving my all to others and losing my focus, being deceived by who I thought were good people, from falling into temptation and lust, living in the flesh, financial hardships, a car accident and literally having everything taken from me. God stripped me of everything I thought I wanted to change the desires of my heart. 

Through the many trials I faced there was a tremendous amount of growth. I graduated from discipleship classes at my church, I did a purity ceremony and I got baptized. I was blessed to gain amazing strong faithful friends who eventually turned into family, who guided me, encouraged me and helped me along the way. I am forever grateful for these friendships.

I have also seen God's miraculous works in those around me. I have seen first hand God's favor on those who put him first. God never ceases to amaze me. This last year has in no means been easy, but I am so grateful for all of the lessons, all of the seasons where God pruned me for the next one. That is why this next year is devoted to being the woman of God that he has called me to be and walking into God's promises and blessings for me and I am inviting you along on the journey. I am going to be real and transparent, in hopes to maybe inspire someone else while on my journey, my journey to becoming a Proverbs 31 woman of God. 


"She is clothed with strength and dignity and she laughs without fear of the future."
Proverbs 31:25

Comments

Popular Posts