Keep no record of wrongs



It was a season where there was a lot of he said, she said floating around and tensions were really high. A friend of mine and leader, had blocked me on all social media. I seen it, it bothered me, but my pride told me, "who cares, brush it off, you did nothing wrong". As more time went on, it really was bothering that I felt she had no reason to block me. So after seeking some wise counsel, I decided to text her about it. When she responded, there was a lot of miscommunications that had taken place. Long story short, I told her that those things weren't true and even though they weren't true, I still apologized if those things hurt her. She did the same. I expressed my gratitude for her and she expressed her thoughts about me. It ended well, I felt peace and I believe she did as well.

You see, forgiveness is not just about the other person. Forgiveness is freeing yourself from the burden of holding on to grudges, hate and hurt. When you harbor such feelings, you are actually preventing God from answering your prayers. In Matthew 5:23-24 is says, "So if you are presenting a sacrifice at the altar in the Temple and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you, leave your sacrifice there at the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God.” 

So in other words, you need to get right with the people in your life before you ask God to get right with you. We are called to be like Jesus and Jesus forgives. Can you imagine if Jesus held a grudge against us for every wrong thing we have done. Same goes for us, you must forgive those wronged you. Forgiveness isn't always easy, but it's always worth it. You are now in a place free from anything hindering God to move in your life. You are now able to feel peace about the people in your life. 

I'm not saying that you guys will be best friends, but when you forgive one another there's a level of respect that comes with it. There's no bad vibes, tensions or feelings, Just peace. 

Jesus was about love, in fact Jesus IS love, and 1 Corinthians 13:5 teaches us that "love holds no record of wrongs". Since we are called to be like Jesus, to literally BE love, then we are to hold no record of wrongs either. So I encourage you today to forgive! Free yourself from a spirit of hate, from the bondage of grudges! Forgive those who wronged you and let God overwhelm you with his peace and blessing. 

“Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.” Ephesians 4:31-32

Comments

Popular Posts